Friday, July 26, 2013

Photo-A-Day #5

I'm headed out on a long weekend vacation with my college friends today. Once a year we come from wherever we're currently living to reconvene at a lake house in the Pocono Mountains of PA. It's been a yearly tradition and one weekend of the summer that I really treasure! No cell phone service, no fluffs and frills, no husbands...just the four of us girls, some junk food, a lake with boats, and grandma's 1970s cottage. The timing of this weekend is one friend's birthday, another's anniversary, and the third's almost anniversary. So for gifts this year, I took a new perspective. I've gotten into painting recently and decided I would personalize a painting for each of my friends to fit in a special place of their home. It's much easier to just buy something, but this year I wanted to make it. The above photo is my perspective from the morning as I'm getting ready to wrap gifts and head out for some adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment